Sync Licensing Manager
Come As You Are.
As the great Kurt Cobain* once said, “Come as you are.” BMG is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we celebrate diversity in all forms. Equal opportunity runs deep in our core value of fairness and we are determined to create a truly inclusive work environment, where everyone can flourish. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are.
All applicants to BMG will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
*BMG is the proud representative of Kurt Cobain’s publishing catalogue, including the 1992 single ‘Come As You Are’.
#WeAreBMG & #WeAreHiring! BMG Sync UK is a forward thinking, collaborative and pro-active media licensing team. Working across film, TV, advertising, games, brand partnerships and bespoke music creation. We are uniquely placed in that we look after an exciting roster of active writers and artists as well as with a vast and diverse catalogue including instantly recognisable hits and hidden gems alike - all under roof.
Sitting within BMG’s sync team you will be working on a broad range of projects, focussed primarily on the changing TV drama and film sector where the volume and value has grown hugely in the last 5 years. As Sync Licensing Manager you will be responsible for negotiating a high volume of deals, building on great client relationships and growing value for our artists and writers.
What You'll Be Doing.
- Maintaining existing and developing new relationships with sync & media clients.
- Responding to license requests and carrying out copyright research as required before quoting.
- Handling a large volume of requests while using experience and strong negotiating skills to maximise the opportunity.
- Coordinating with creative sync team to ensure opportunities are seen through from start to finish.
- Working with a diverse range of stakeholders in the course of a deal from artist/ writer/ managers/ accountants , ensuring terms are communicated clearly and are supported.
- Coordinating with international colleagues on market trends and issues.
- Attending gigs, client entertainment and representing BMG at wider industry events.
Who You Are.
- Previous experience in sync licensing.
- Existing client relationships.
- Strong negotiator.
- Proactive approach/ self starter.
- Personable, approachable & outgoing.
- Team player.
- Organised with great attention to detail.
- Love for a wide range of music!
Now, what's in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave, plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year and an extra day for your birthday!
- Flexible working opportunities.
- 6 months full pay parental leave for all new parents regardless of gender and sexual orientation.
- Subsidised gym membership.
- Private Health Insurance.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Annual gig allowance.
- Artist showcases.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season Ticket Loan.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Subscription to Headspace.
- Give As You Earn Scheme .
- Excellent development opportunities.
- A fun and sociable office environment.
Are you interested? Follow the link to apply!
The New Music Company