Development Manager (Music x Climate)
We are looking for a full time Development Manager to help us fundraise from the music industry across labels, publishers, promoters, festivals, agents, management and artists of all kinds. Our fundraising model is to build sign ups from people and organisations that would like to pledge a percentage of revenue, and your target is to grow our income and grant-giving potential in this area.
The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of the music industry, boasting an extensive network within it. You should be passionate about extending your network through meetings, event attendance, gigs, festivals and conferences. While our Board of Trustees and ambassadors have valuable industry connections, the successful applicant should bring their own relationships and be eager to involve them in EarthPercent's mission. We’re looking for a strategic thinker and confident communicator, someone who excels in identifying opportunities and conveying EarthPercent’s value and mission to potential Donor Partners.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop the outreach strategy for signing up significant numbers of artists and industry organisations and to define key performance indicators within this.
- You will need to work with commercial acumen, demonstrating proficiency in sales techniques and deal closing.
- Establish and maintain a sales funnel of contacts, systematically approach leads, conduct pitches (virtual and in-person), manage follow-ups, and secure new supporters.
- Maintain a high level of organisation and discipline to oversee the outreach process, which includes updating spreadsheets with contacts and conversations, and tracking sign-ups and supporter engagement.
- Communicate the story of EarthPercent sincerely and accurately to motivate people to support our cause.
- Work closely with our administrative assistant to formally on-board contacts and manage their accounts going forward.
- Represent EarthPercent at conferences and industry events, showcasing strong networking skills.
- Possess 3-5 years of experience within or closely related to the music industry.
- Demonstrate excellence in organisational and time management skills.
- Have experience with meeting and exceeding commercial targets
- Be adept at building and growing relationships with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Have tenacity for converting new business and / or donations
- Demonstrate strong written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Be proficient in Google Suite, and perhaps an understanding of editing Keynote presentations and using CRM systems
- Have passion for environmental issues, a basic understanding of climate-related challenges, and a strong desire to expand your knowledge and make a positive impact.
We offer a supportive work environment and the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the world. If you are passionate about the environment and committed to helping us achieve our mission, we strongly encourage you to apply for this position.
Benefits of Working With Us:
- Small, friendly team that are passionate about our mission
- Working in our London office in Notting Hill
- Hybrid working (1-2 days a week in the office) and flexible working hours
- Pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Cycle To Work scheme
How To Apply:
Send a short cover letter that includes in no more than 700 words:
- Why you would like to work at EarthPercent
- Your past experience relevant to the job role and successes you’ve had in reaching commercial targets
- Your thoughts on the role of the music industry in the climate crisis and experience in creating relationships in this sector
Please send this along with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org‘Your Name] - Development Manager’as the subject.
Deadline for applications is12:00on27th November 2023
If you have any questions regarding the job role and application please email@example.com.
We expect primary interviews to take place the wk/c11th December
We are an equal opportunities employer and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of staff within the EarthPercent team we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from groups that are underrepresented, including people from the Global Majority* and D/deaf and disabled people. We believe diversity and inclusion in our team is critical to our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
*Global Majority is a term that refers to people who are Black, Asian, Brown, dual-heritage, indigenous to the global south, and or, have been racialised as 'ethnic minorities'.
At EarthPercent we want to make sure everyone feels welcome and supported to apply. If you have any special needs or requirements, don't hesitate to let us know so we can make reasonable adjustments to help make the process more accessible for you. This could include requiring wheelchair access for an interview, using a different format for application or needing more time to complete interview tasks. We believe people should have an equal chance to demonstrate their skills and personality during the recruitment process, and that traditional recruitment processes don’t suit everyone. Please feel free to reach out to us and we'll do our best to help.
Unleashing the power of music in service of the planet.