CONCORD IS THE INDEPENDENT, WORLDWIDE LEADER IN THE DEVELOPMENT, ACQUISITION, AND MANAGEMENT OF RECORDED MUSIC, MUSIC PUBLISHING, AND THEATRICAL PERFORMANCE RIGHTS.
With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, Miami, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalog of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
As the Executive Assistant (Recorded Music), you will be responsible for providing operational and general administrative support for our Chief Label Officer of Recorded Music. In this role, you will manage communications for the Executive, both internally and externally (i.e., scheduling, filing, administrative reporting, etc.), perform administrative tasks (i.e., writing letters, sending corporate gifts, making travel arrangements, etc.), organize meetings that are led by the Executive (i.e., scheduling meetings with all participants, ordering refreshments if needed, securing and managing meeting rooms, etc.), and organize planning and execution of events as needed. This position will work under direct supervision of the Chief Label Officer.
What you’ll do:
- Be highly responsive to direct and anticipated requests; providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies to requests, following up on action items on behalf of the executive as appropriate. Be highly responsive to direct and anticipated requests; providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies to requests, following up on action items on behalf of the executive as appropriate.
- Heavy scheduling and calendar management including coordination of complex meetings including multiple participants and locations.
- Create and modify travel itineraries quickly and accurately. Inform and plan actions based on the itinerary with appropriate parties, monitoring throughout. Process associated expenses as required.
- Provide effective and expeditious meeting coordination including agendas, notes, action items and follow-ups.
- Partner with other company administrative assistants and label stakeholders to collaborate, obtain information, problem solve and achieve desired results.
- Manage special projects, run occasional personal errands and take on additional duties and projects as needed.
- Prioritize tasks as needed and organize daily. Always monitor emails during working hours and before and after them.
- Manage, organize, and maintain all the Executive’s files.
- Make and distribute copies of documents, correspondence, etc.
- Assist in the creation of Microsoft PowerPoint slide decks for executive presentation.
- Perform data analysis through Excel, using functions including, but not limited to pivot tables and VLook-ups.
- Responsible for other tasks and responsibilities, as assigned by the Executive.
What you’ll need:
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, maintaining professionalism and diplomacy as the key point of contact for the Chief Label Officer. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to later transition into a business-focused position within the music industry.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar position, wherein administrative and organizational support was provided to a high-level executive (preferably in the entertainment field).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently.
- Knowledge and experience using advanced features of the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLook-ups)
- Good judgment, particularly with respect to confidential matters
- Ability to handle administrative tasks quickly and with an extremely high degree of accuracy.
- Anticipates the administrative and organizational needs of the Executive as much as possible and takes the appropriate actions to address such needs in an effort to help the Executive be as effective as possible.
- Passion for the music industry and interest to learn aspects that make up the business.
Salary range: $55,000 - 65,000
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer comprehensive medical and wellness benefits, generous time off, parental leave, charity match, paid time off for volunteering, and other fun company perks. We have beautiful new offices and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theater and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.