Junior Backend Developer
Tonefuse, Bandsintown’s performance marketing solutions connecting hundreds of millions of customers to music, is looking for a developer to join our growing team in North America. If you are looking to strengthen your skills in Big Data and Advertising Technologies, then this opening may be a perfect fit for you!
You will contribute to building and improving Tonefuse music Smartlinks infrastructure. Currently, Tonefuse is serving over 200 million unique visitors each month on the web’s most popular music related publisher sites. We are a fast growing, mobile centric contextual ad platform with marketing services focused on delivering subscribers to Music and Video Streaming Platforms.
- Become a technical leader within the team you work with.
- Coordinate technical projects across Tonefuse products.
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers to solve interesting and challenging problems.
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to determine how to scalably design backend systems and APIs to meet their needs.
- Architect, develop, and operate services deployed to millions of users.
- Work with data engineers to build and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like EMR, Spark, Kinesis Streams, Airflow and the AWS Cloud Platform.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating awesome music sessions for users worldwide.
- This position is only available to employees located in San Diego or able to work in person in our San Diego office at least three times per week.
- You have a BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent. May consider self-taught individuals with previous development experience.
- You have experience with SQL and NoSQL.
- You have experience working directly with stakeholders to understand, document and develop APIs and systems to meet their requirements, driving increased adoption and reducing reliance on custom one-off implementations.
- You have experience writing distributed, high-volume services and know how to deploy and keep them running in production.
- You have an interest in big data processing technologies.
- You love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- You believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making.
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
Nice to Haves
- Exposure to big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, AWS Technologies.
- Working knowledge or previous experience in regards to API creation, design and data manipulation.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid time off, including standard company holidays
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage, Life & Disability insurance
- 401k Saving Plan with generous company matching
- Casual office atmosphere and friendly coworkers
- Work with a recognizable product/brand that music fans and artists love
Bandsintown Group is a digital media company powered by music.