The Agency Associate will perform a wide variety of duties in support of their Agent supervisor. These duties will include (but are not limited to) the following:
· Assisting Agent with all facets of tour booking.
· Coordinating and booking fill dates for Agent clients.
· Managing the flow of holds, offers, tour announcements, contracts, and deposits.
· Entering extensive event and deal information into our database.
· Interacting with client teams (managers, labels, publicists, touring crew).
· Monitoring ticket sales, evaluating tour marketing plans and executing promotional strategies in tandem with Agency tour marketing efforts.
Applicants should possess the following skills/experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior office/administrative experience required
· 2-3 years music industry experience is required, ideally in a booking or live entertainment setting that involves familiarity with settlement sheets and complex artist deal structures.
· Strong excel and math proficiency
· Strong (Mac) computer and Internet skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational and analytic skills, and a passion for accuracy and proactive problem solving.
The ideal candidate for these roles is someone who is professional and personable, able to multitask effectively (while prioritizing time-sensitive projects), attentive to details both large and small, and has a familiarity with our roster.
This is a fast-paced office. We run a tight ship, but are also avid show-goers and music fans. We hope the individuals who join us will be music lovers who are as committed as we are to the development of our artists’ careers.
Ground Control Touring is a boutique booking agency with offices in Brooklyn, NY, Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR. We represent a diverse roster of acts which includes Ani DiFranco, Bill Callahan, Big Thief, Conor Oberst, Deafheaven, Japanese Breakfast, Kikagaku Moyo, Kim Gordon, Kurt Vile, Parquet Courts, Manchester Orchestra, Shannon & The Clams, Surf Curse, Whitney and many others.
This is a full-time position with eligibility for company-sponsored benefits. Compensation begins at $42,500 annually.
Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to: market dynamics, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc. The salary range listed is just one circumstantial element of the total compensation package for employees.
Ground Control Touring is a boutique booking agency founded in the year 2000 by Eric Dimenstein and Jim Romeo.