LN Concerts, General Manager - OC Observatory
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world’s leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Live Nation’s Concerts Division is where tours are born, artists come to life, and fans get to experience the rush of live music. From our dozens of owned/operated Amphitheaters to our Global Touring team, from Ticketing and Venue Operations to Marketing and Sales... we foster a fun and upbeat work culture with no shortage of opportunities. With perks ranging from free concert tickets to dog-friendly offices, to progressive benefits like student loan reimbursement and adoption/fertility support... it’s no wonder we are certified as aGreat Place to Workorganization and one of People Magazine’s “50 Companies that Care”. We want everyone to feel like they belong and can thrive in our community, so we strive to help you achieve your career and personal goals. Live music is our passion and where we find our common ground. There has never been a better time to join Live Nation.
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Establish and maintain high standards of customer service for staff, customers and vendors
- Identify and maximize revenue drivers while optimizing the overall guest and artist experience
- Collaborate with Marketing, Premium Seat Sales, Food and Beverage team, and Sponsorship to create innovative offerings that drive incremental revenue growth, fan and partner engagement, and profitability
- Manage overall expenses of concerts to maximize profits while protecting the guest and artist experience
- Manage relationship with the City of Irving
- Oversee food and beverage and merchandise performance and strategies (point of sale ratio, variety, etc.)
- Hires, trains and schedules full and part-time employees, and work closely with all subcontractors and/or third-party vendors.
- Promote and establish "rental" events in the venue.
- Works closely with Live Nation promoters and operations and provides direction on standards and compliance
- Coordinates and facilitates event set-up with operations
- Performs and executes successful settlement of events
- Performs and executes timely Flash Reports after events
- Forecasts in ROME, operational and production expenses, as well as ancillary revenue streams.
- Coordinates day of event activities and matters
- Excellent working knowledge of Health & Safety
- Implements and complies with the companies' audit procedures
- Ensures that employees performance is monitored and reviewed accordingly
- Management of employee attendance records, for all employees
- Any other reasonable duties as required by the executive management
- Work closely with key civic governmental departments, as well as interaction with the community in general
- Other duties as assigned
- This position typically supervises a number of exempt and non-exempt positions
- Day to day management of all venue vendors/subcontractors – HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Landscaping, Cleaning, Security, Trash/Recycling
- Responsible for meeting staffing levels and budget targets for each event
- Generate Operations costs flash report following each event
- Work with all other departments to help fulfill needed requirements
- Advance each show with tour security directors and fulfill tour security requirements
- On site for each event prior to load in and until load out
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
- Minimum 5 years experience as a general manager or operations manager in a hospitality related business
- Must have extensive background in event sales and promotion
- Ability to perform all job duties and responsibilities
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Must have expertise in profitability analysis and budgeting
- Exhibits strong problem-solving skills in long term and immediate situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Live Nation strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
The expected compensation for this position in California is:
$82,000.00 USD - $103,000.00 USD
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. It is estimated based on what a successful California applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in California or perform the position from California. Similar positions located outside of California will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate’s education, training, and experience, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee’s salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Live Nation produces more concerts, sell more tickets and connects more brands to music than anyone else in the world.