Position: Booking Coordinator – Full Time/Salary
Office Hours: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM
Office Schedule: Hybrid (In Office Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday, Remote Tuesday & Friday)
Start Date: January 2024
Physical Office Location: Camarillo, California – 50 miles North of Los Angeles
About Venue Coalition
Venue Coalition is a booking representative and advocacy group for more than 100 Sports & Entertainment Arenas throughout North America. Venue Coalition provides its Venue Members with a variety of services including event booking, talent buying, and the collection and distribution of vital industry information.
The Booking Coordinator will support the Venue Coalition booking team in the research, coordination and booking of events through talent buying, event coordination, data entry and management, project execution, and high-level administrative work. The individual in this role shall also be responsible for organizing and maintaining files, interacting and following up with clients, staff, and booking contacts (agents, promoters, and producers), providing project status updates, helping to answer phones, taking detailed notes, scheduling meetings, entering data into our booking management system, and coordinating industry events. Other responsibilities include providing detailed reports, building spreadsheets, creating talent offers, and distributing vital information to Venue Coalition members and the industry (agents, promoters, and producers).
- Assist booking team and clients with the research and coordination of bookings and event consultations
- Assist in collection of venue availability calendars, placement of holds, and coordination of routing for touring and one-off opportunities
- Track high volume event data to support booking team efforts
- Organization, input, and management of data in our booking database
- Work with venue staff to collect, organize and distribute booking and consultation information
- Maintain spreadsheets, calendars, and information databases
- Generate and format reports, memos, resources, and client deliverables
- Build talent offers and budgets for events and assist or lead national and regional Talent Buying for tours and one-offs as needed
- Coordinate and negotiate rentals and co-promotes as a liaison between venues and promoters, producers, and artist representatives
- Prepare agendas for meetings and conference calls, recording minutes
- High-level administrative office support including screening of calls as needed
- Special projects as needed
- Assist President, SVP, VP, Directors, and team as needed
- Conduct research and provide direction for staff as needed
- General office assistance including answering phones
- Previous experience as an employee in this field (required)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including an exceptional telephone demeanor
- Excellent organizational skill and strong attention to detail
- Proactive approach to problem-solving and ability to take initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with clients
- Ability to multi-task while paying great attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently on projects and also as part of a larger team
- Ability to work effectively and stay organized under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent computer skills and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Power Point). Excel is a must.
- High-level of technical competency and comfortability learning different software platforms
- Knowledge of database management systems is a plus
- 4-year degree
Please submit resume and cover letter through Rostr.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn, grow, and build a career in the industries of live event booking and venue management.
Venue Coalition reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Venue Coalition may require an employee to perform duties outside the normal description.
Venue Coalition is an Equal Opportunity Employer