Events & Entertainment Assistant
If you love events and entertainment and are intrigued by startups and how technology is changing and shaping the future of the industry, we’ve got the perfect opportunity for you!
With a proven hypothesis, thousands of users, and support from the country’s biggest names, we are giving one lucky applicant the ability to join our team on the ground floor. We’re after someone who’s hungry, driven, and ready to tackle whatever challenge comes their way.
We are acta:
acta is the world's first transparent and ethical talent booking platform.
More than just a marketplace, acta directly connects event organisers with talent providing features which streamline the relationship and allow a single source of truth for everyone involved in a booking.
Features include smart contracting, team collaboration, document sharing, PL insurance coverage and much more.
Whilst still in invite-only beta with no marketing or PR, in the past 18 months;
- We have processed 570 talent bookings.
- Talent have been paid over $3.1m directly by event organisers.
- We have onboarded 1,550 authorised talent profiles.
- We have signed up 95 talent agency/management companies.
Our culture is led by our values:
- We operate with integrity in everything we do.
- We believe transparency is fundamental to changing our industry for the better.
- We innovate to bring about positive change.
About the Role:
acta is looking for an energised, hands-on events & entertainment professional to join our team as an Events & Entertainment Assistant.
Reporting to senior leadership and assisting the larger team, this role presents an exciting opportunity for an events & entertainment junior seeking to learn all about every type of entertainment and their curation into every type of event. From festivals to charities and everything in between, your role will stretch from speaking to and working with event organisers, talent agents, talent managers and all types of talent within an exciting entertainment tech startup seeking to grow and positively influence an industry.
- Assist Talent Curators with talent curation/booking duties.
- Assist Customer Success Managers.
- Assist Talent Acquisition with profile creations and talent onboardings.
- Liaising with event organisers & talent.
- Ensuring all files, client & talent information is kept up to date.
- General Office Duties.
- Assist Senior Event Producer(s) with event related tasks.
- Assist CEO/COO with general business needs.
- Following up of invoices and accounts payable/receivable.
Contemporary Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Drive and passion for the events and entertainment industries (a lot of it!!!!).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong planning, time management, and project management skills.
- Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competent with MS Office.
- Ability to work autonomously & collaboratively to ensure deadlines are met.
A bachelor’s degree in Event Management/Entertainment or equivalent is not essential but is advantageous from a perspective of wishing to enter the industry. A love of performance, entertainment and media is also favorable. Believing in disruption (where necessary) is a must!
- You’re an excellent communicator, with great writing skills and the ability to prioritise your work.
- You have a passion for startups and the upside/risk that they entail.
- You’re passionate about the events and entertainment industries.
- You’re a confident, high energy, self-motivated team player.
- You consume a lot of content, enjoy sharing ideas and collaborating with your team.
About the Perks:
Where do we start? In return for joining an exciting, disruptive startup on the ground floor, acta also offers:
- A positive, transparent, and friendly working environment within brand new offices in Double Bay Sydney, NSW.
- An attractive employee share ownership scheme.
- A proactive and progressive approach to career development and open lines of comms to senior leadership.
- Flexible working arrangement policy.
The future of talent booking