Concord is the independent, worldwide leader in the development, acquisition and management of recorded music, music publishing and theatrical performance rights. With offices in Los Angeles, New York, Nashville, London, and Berlin, Concord has a diverse and vibrant roster of active recording artists, composers, and songwriters, and a vast and historic catalogue of works by some of the most treasured names in music history.
Concord Label Group is comprised of seven active labels across many musical genres: Concord Records, Fantasy Records, Fearless Records, Loma Vista Recordings, Easy Eye Sound, PULSE and Rounder Records. Concord is also home to the #1 kids’ music brand, KIDZ BOP. The company’s historical labels are managed by its Craft Recordings team, and include such storied imprints as Fania, Independiente, Milestone, Musart, Nitro, Pablo, Prestige, Riverside, Savoy, Specialty, Stax, Telarc, Varèse Sarabande, Vee-Jay and Wind-up. Concord's master recording portfolio contains more than 12,000 active albums and includes no less than 273 GRAMMY® winners (representing approximately 6.3% of all the GRAMMYs® ever awarded) and over 400 gold, platinum, multi-platinum and diamond RIAA certifications across 215 titles.
Concord Label Group UK are responsible for building the brands of Concord’s labels and roster within the UK market. Alongside our label and distribution partners, maximizing sales potential and career development within the UK for Concord Artists.
As the Marketing Manager, you'll be primarily responsible for leading, developing and executing UK marketing plans for Concord’s recording artists, initiating owned marketing plans, building, analysing and executing campaign strategy. Works under moderate supervision.
What you'll do:
- Conceive, strategise and implement successful and creative release campaigns for Concord artists.
- Communicate and synchronize campaigns with International and US Label marketing teams.
- Liaise closely with our label partners & label services teams to deliver the highest possible levels of service, strategy, and market insight.
- Analyze performance of releases and report regular updates about campaigns to UK and US colleagues.
- Build & manage marketing campaign budgets.
- Work with Concord commercial teams to set campaign sales targets.
- Source and manage external promo teams.
- Collaborate closely & communicate effectively with internal teams, Digital Marketing, Sync, International, as well as external partners.
- Work closely with label marketing & digital teams to build audience growth and social media strategies to grow fanbases, and maximize engagement.
- Oversee setup of physical releases, plan with commercial and sales team for strategic retail offerings.
- Strategise and implement advertising & partnership opportunities for campaigns.
- Attend gigs & events frequently fostering relationships with managers, artist & campaign teams.
- Proactively seek out innovative & creative ways to continually improve and develop marketing campaigns and create opportunities for the roster.
- Willing to take a hands-on approach and ready to execute a wide range of tasks to build successful & creative campaigns.
- Successfully manage multiple campaigns in a fast-paced working environment and prioritise workload effectively.
Outline of Specific Functions:
- Using all tools necessary to execute the above Responsibilities.
- Submit campaign P&L and manage budget throughout campaign.
- Update internal campaign documents.
What you'll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in UK label marketing roles or comparable UK music industry roles,
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work well under pressure.
- A strong working knowledge of all facets of the music industry.
- Proven track record of developing artists in the UK
- Proven track record of delivering successful UK marketing campaigns
- Creative and innovative outlook
- Experience working with labels, artists and managers
- Ability to work across multiple projects of different sizes and development
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel to the US and Europe multiple times a year.
This is not an exhaustive list of all activities worked on but is a guide to the individual’s responsibilities.
*This is a hybrid role requiring 3 days minimum on-site.
At Concord, we offer competitive salary, private medical and dental insurance, generous time off, charity match, paid time off for volunteering and a culture committed to supporting everyone’s growth and development.
Concord is an equal opportunity employer. We employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of age, gender assignment, marital status, pregnancy, disability, race, religion, sex as required by law. We believe that diversity, inclusion and equity is paramount for the creation of music, theatre and film that celebrates and empowers all cultures.
Champion Artists. Elevate Voices. Impact Culture.