The Publicity Director will work within Nettwerk’s global PR team to lead the development and execution of strategic publicity campaigns for our UK/European roster and international priorities that elevate our artists’ profiles. You will work closely with artists, managers and internal departments incl. A&R, Marketing & Sales to craft compelling narratives and secure media coverage across broadcast, print, and digital, as well as monitor progress and outcomes. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, excellent communication style, and a deep understanding of the ever-changing media landscape.
Nettwerk Music Group is a full-service artist development and music intellectual property brand builder with a history spanning almost 40 years. Nettwerk operates a global organization with offices in major cities around the world and an infrastructure to match. At Nettwerk we pride ourselves on our ability to anticipate shifts in consumer behavior and to effectively leverage technology in order to place great music in the hands of fans. We’re looking for inspired, skilled and energetic people to help us deliver on that promise.
● Work closely with SVP, Publicity and the internationally-based publicity team to strategically develop and implement national publicity campaigns for Nettwerk’s UK and EU artists
● Advise on the publicity needs for artists across the UK and EU, as well as global priority artists’ needs within your home territory
● Work closely with artists, artist management, and various internal departments (A&R, Marketing, Sales, Radio) to align publicity efforts with overall marketing and promotional strategies
● Develop and manage relationships with artists and artist managers, as well as key media outlets, journalists and influencers across all traditional and online publications/media outlets
● Supervise, mentor, and motivate the publicity team, ensuring they meet performance goals
● Arrange media assets, including the writing/editing of press releases, bios, media alerts, and other media materials, as well as setting up publicity photo shoots when needed
● Attend various shows, events, and interviews as needed
● Manage projects and relationships with external PR companies
● Expand and maintain publicity and entertainment contact database
● Develop and continually manage timelines and budgets
● Minimum of 7 years experience in publicity at a label or music PR indie in the UK market
● Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with proven experience crafting compelling press releases and pitches
● Must have strong media contacts and relationships in the UK across broadcast, print, and digital
● Exceptional leadership and team management skills
● Demonstrated ability to manage relationships and projects with outside PR companies
● A demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment and adapt as needed
● Self-motivated and highly organized with strong attention to detail and superb time-management
● An outgoing, positive attitude with a passion for music and pop culture, and an understanding of industry trends
● General knowledge of key North American media outlets a plus
● Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, etc)
Please send a resume to email@example.com. We thank all inquiries, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Nettwerk is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We release music that we love.